About Me

My photo
The Hippy Farm, N.S.W, Australia
I've now been living on the Hippy Farm for just over 12months....Ive had my initiation, mice, mozzies, spiders, snakes (only seen one) and flood...I'm now an official country bumpkin and I love it!!

Friday, February 8, 2013

Plastic fantastic? Um no!


I couldnt resist these two desk chairs on our trip to the tip shop. Five bux for the pair, yay, so i tried them both out , they do the up and down thing, and the wheels are fine. Said to self 'I can recover that, I've just done the kitchen chairs, this should be easy peasy".  I had the perfect fabric in my stash to cover both of them and I had it all worked out! So I unscrewed the pink one and ...of course the pink fabric is 'welded' to the plastic.....great! not!  But all is not lost will try and sew a cover for all of the backrest and hope the seat comes off easily, and can be done like the kitchen chairs...it doesnt really matter what they look like underneath because I'm the only one who will know ha ha! Wish me luck!

No comments: