About Me

My photo
The Hippy Farm, N.S.W, Australia
I've now been living on the Hippy Farm for just over 12months....Ive had my initiation, mice, mozzies, spiders, snakes (only seen one) and flood...I'm now an official country bumpkin and I love it!!

Saturday, February 2, 2013

10,9,8..the countdown is on!

All going smoothly with the massive paper trail that comes with building a new home.  The plans have been lodged with the council...hopefully all goes well with that too...and we stay on schedule with the delivery of our house, which should be mid-feb.....in the mean time I've been busy making a few items for the new digs...have decided to go as retro as I can without being too tacky lol I'm planning on aqua and brown colors so this week I recovered the kitchen chairs and finally finished the rag rug.
                                                          before...Ugly!
I bought this piece from the oppy for $1.00 its a piece of thick retro cotton, the job didnt take too long, bit dodgy on the underside....but secure, i used plenty of staples.

 I had three attempts at getting the tension of the rag rug right.  First attempt, too tight! I made my self a hat to wear in a rice paddy...lol. 2nd attempt too sloppy....
                                        Almost done, i dont have a picture of it complete (flat batteries)...I used tshirts and track pants, all from my local oppy and all $1.00 each. 15 altogether.....It is the size of a 4 seater round table.  Love It!  
Next post fingers crossed will be photos of the arrival of the new house!!!!!                

No comments: