About Me

My photo
The Hippy Farm, N.S.W, Australia
I've now been living on the Hippy Farm for just over 12months....Ive had my initiation, mice, mozzies, spiders, snakes (only seen one) and flood...I'm now an official country bumpkin and I love it!!

Saturday, April 24, 2010

New Jeans YAY

I found these Wrangler jeans for 2 bux at the market, too good to pass up, but alas, when i tried them on perfect!! Only if i choose not to sit or eat, walk or breath!!
Nice thick old time denim, no stretch
I found some black cotton stash lace

Cut the jeans from waistband to the hem line, on both sides

I lost the pockets but who cares, there are two more on the back, lol and my belt will cover the seam in the waistband
I cut some strips of denin (the length of the pants) from and old pair of jeans and sewed the lace to it

While the seams were open i sewed some 'graffiti stitch' on the legs

DA DA!!! Ive added about 7cms 3" to the width of the jeans...now i can sit, walk , burp and dance lol
and now for the dodgy part, self portaits are impossible lol

See great the belt covers the band and i still have little pockets for coins? ha ha

OOPS wait it gets worse
Boobs, tshirt bathroom u name it i snapped it...and missed the jeans completely
p.s had  big sookies with my blog too, can anyone give me a brief outline on how to reset my big main picture and blog name..unfortunately im in here blind byeeeeeee for now Di

2 comments:

Jody Pearl said...

Welcome back!

We travelled the road you have, for a time, however our outcome was much more favourable - it's a dark cloud hovering all the time though.

I love what you have done with the jeans and found the photos not only informative but amusing.

I think the girls at The Thrifty Garde Robe owe you a debt of thanks. They'll need to re-think the name now that you've shed light it's actual meaning.

Look forward to seeing and hearing more from you in the future.

BuTTeRfLy BaBy BluE said...

Hi Jody thanks for the nice comments, its good to get back to blogland. Re: garderobe...no one has noticed yet lol ...Di