About Me

My photo
The Hippy Farm, N.S.W, Australia
I've now been living on the Hippy Farm for just over 12months....Ive had my initiation, mice, mozzies, spiders, snakes (only seen one) and flood...I'm now an official country bumpkin and I love it!!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

New Toy

All the vegetables seem to be ripening at the same time, we cant possible eat them all, so as well as giving them away, Ive been lucky enough to find one of these.
Straight from the groovy retro years this dehydrator is big enough to hold the veggies without me having to cut them into tiny pieces.
I had a few dehydrators to choose from, plastic ones that  have tiny little shelves, and start at $100.   She cost me $45 on ebay, I just lurveeee her.

Cherry tomatoes, just picked ready to go in for the first practice run.
Five hours later they were dried, sweet and chewy

No comments: